I spent a few days in the desert with customers this past week. From their perspective, even though there wasn’t much of anything there, they found the desert to be a beautiful and serene place.
Maybe they were just being nice.
I hate the desert. I hate vast areas of nothing but dirt and chaparral. I hate blowing sand, tumbleweeds, and joshua trees. Yes, I hate joshua trees.
I don’t know. The desert just never appealed to me. I don’t know why people would want to live in Arizona or Nevada or in the 909. Ok…cheap housing is a valid argument.
I think the following are also valid arguments for why desert life would be ok:
1. Zombies can’t survive in the desert
3. The “California Love” video with Chris Tucker (but this is basically Thunderdome)
4. Zzyzzx (just because I like saying the word)
5. The world’s largest thermometer
And then here are five reasons (from my twisted point of view) as to why the desert would not be a good place to live in:
2. Tremors 2: Aftershocks
3. Tremors 3: Back to Perfection
4. Tremors 4: The Legend Begins
5. It’s pretty damn hot
Anyway, enough about the desert. We’ll probably see more of the desert this year and yes, I’m going to complain again and again and again.